PCCPCC is probably the most diversified trade in the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Union
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- No fear of heights — able to work on swinging Scaffold
- up to 40 stories high (up to 500 ft. above the ground)
- Have a valid drivers license
- Willing and able to attend school three to four weeks per year
- PCC is probably the most diversified trade in the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Union.
- A Pointer or Tuckpointer replaces mortar between masonry units.
- The Cleaner aspect is the cleaning of all masonry surfaces.
- A Caulker applies sealants to expansion joints in new and old buildings.
- A PCC does much more besides pointing, cleaning and caulking including, but not limited to Epoxy Injection and Mortar Patching.
- A PCC craftsworker has the opportunity to restore old masonry buildings that have existed for decades.
- Our craftworkers also work on new buildings that will some day be restored decades later by future PCC Craftworkers.
- When the apprentice has been in our program for seven months and accrued 875 work hours and 77 school hours they will become eligible for a pay increase. This process continues for each increase.An apprentice with no prior experience enters our program at a pay rate of 45% of the current journeyman rate. The apprentice must attend all scheduled classes and complete all assignments.
- They should complete our program in three years an six months. (5250 hours on the job)
- The PCC school is located at the Mason Development Center in Tracy.
Mason Development Center
25347 South Schulte Road, Tracy, CA 95377
Phone 209-830-7200 Fax 209-830-7202